Using Nighthawk is one of the easiest ways to keep track of your home WiFi network. Not only that, but you can also secure wireless routers from unauthorized users. However, sometimes users have great difficulty using Netgear Nighthawk. If you have the same problem, congratulations! You went to the right post to find a solution. Here we explain all possible reasons why your Nighthawk app may not work with the appropriate solutions. If at any time you get stuck solving the problem, do not hesitate to contact our technical experts.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Nighthawk app not working
Connect your device to WiFi
First, make sure your device is connected to network routers. One of the main reasons Nighthawk doesn’t work is that your mobile device isn’t connected to a network of routers. Confirm that your router and mobile device are properly connected.
Switch the Netgear router to AP mode
Placing the Netgear WiFi router in AP mode will also help you solve the existing problem. Follow the steps above to set up your WiFi device in AP mode:
- Turn on the home router and connect it to the modem.
- Instead of connecting the device wirelessly, connect it with an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure the cable you are using is not damaged.
- Open a web browser on your computer and update it before using it.
- Then go to the Netgear Nighthawk router settings page.
- Go to Settings> Advanced Settings> AP Mode.
- Click the Apply button to save the changes.
Turn Off the Bridge Mode
Sometimes your Netgear router may be in Bridge mode, which is not supported by the Nighthawk router application. To resolve this issue, we recommend that you deactivate Bridge mode by following the steps below:
- Open a new tab in your web browser and go to routerlogin.net.
- Enter the default username and password and press Login.
- Go to Wireless Settings and clear the Enable Bridge Mode check box.
In this way, you can successfully turn off Bridge mode and fix the problem that Netgear Nighthawk does not work. If there is no chance, if the problem persists, continue reading.
Clear your phone’s cache
Have you noticed how some applications on your phone stop working properly when the cache is hidden or there is no storage space? Well, it’s likely that the Nighthawk app isn’t working because your mobile device doesn’t have storage space. So clear your cache and make room on your mobile device to reactivate Nighthawk.
Disable LTE connection
If you are using a smartphone, make sure your LTE connection is disabled before connecting to the router network. Only then will Nighthawk work properly.
To disable LTE on your smartphone, follow these steps:
- Unlock your mobile device and go to Settings.
- Tap Network> Internet> Data Usage.
- Enable mobile data on your device.
After following these steps, try opening Netgear Nighthawk and connecting it to your network routers.
So this is how to solve the problem that Netgear Nighthawk does not work. I hope this post helped you solve the problem. If the problem persists, be aware that you can contact our knowledgeable technical experts at any time during the day.